June Message from the Head Master
Despite some blustery winds (one might almost say it wouldn’t be Lancing without them were it not for the glorious days of sunshine in the two weeks beforehand!), the whole Lancing community once again came together for a wonderful Founder’s Day. As ever, I am grateful to everyone who worked so energetically to make it a true celebration for all.
After the half–term break, which was no doubt fruitfully revision-filled for many, we all look forward to the last few weeks of this Summer Term. Whether contemplating the completion of the long haul of public examinations or enjoying a chance to explore Lancing in a more relaxed – even balmy – summer mode, all of us are rather amazed to think that it will not be long before we mark the end of the academic year. Celebrations will be in order once again as we reflect on a year spent in phenomenally energetic style. In the meantime, we are not at conclusions yet and work continues apace: please take note of the important reminder below about this coming weekend and the impact of the Wildlife music festival on our usual routine.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COMING WEEKEND
“WILDLIFE” MUSIC FESTIVAL:
- School will run as usual until 12.30 on Saturday
- There will be no fixtures on Saturday
- We will be encouraging those able to do so to return home at or just after 12.30. Return for boarders will be on Sunday evening as usual
- For the purpose of safety and clarity there will be no off-site leave of any kind for those who opt to stay in: this will be a focused working weekend
- No permission will be given for anyone to come or go from the school to any part of the festival.