Website Menucontent
Close Menucontent

Airport Transfers

Lancing College provides a centralised transfer service to and from both Gatwick and Heathrow Airports at the beginning and end of every term and half term.

If transport is required, parents/guardians are asked to inform Mrs Catherine Young at academicadmin@lancing.org.uk at least two weeks in advance of the day of travel, of the following:-
- Date of flight
- Flight time
- Flight number
- Airport/Terminal
- Flying to/Arriving from
- Passenger contact telephone number

The cost of school transport is divided between the students travelling (typically £25 per student for coach travel) and is added to their end of term invoice. We are also happy to transfer parents.

Outbound flights (from UK)

When booking flights, parents and guardians are advised to allow a minimum of 3 hours 30 minutes for travel and check-in to Gatwick Airport, and 4 hours 30 minutes to Heathrow.

Parents and guardians are also reminded to check the date and time that the College term ends, so that no school time will be missed. Term dates and times can be read by clicking here.

Coaches to the airports will leave the College after all school commitments have finished, and in sufficient time to meet the above timescales.

If these times are not convenient, transfers by taxi can be arranged*. We use a cleared, reliable and trusted taxi company that can be booked directly, or via the College (details available on request).

Taxi costs are c£90 to Heathrow and c£45 to Gatwick*. If possible these costs will be shared. Any taxi charges will also be added to the end of term invoice. 

Overseas travel during Exeat Weekends 

For overseas travel during an Exeat weekend all arrangements and travel details must be notified two weeks in advance to the Housemaster or Housemistress, who will be able to assist in the organising of transport to and from the airport.

When booking flights, parents and guardians are advised to allow a minimum of 3 hours 30 minutes for travel and check-in to Gatwick Airport, and 4 hours 30 minutes to Heathrow.

Parents and guardians are also reminded to check the date and time of Exeat weekends, so that no school time will be missed. Term dates and times can be read by clicking here.

On return to the UK, pre-arranged taxi services will meet the individual student/s in the terminal building directly from the arrival gate at the relevant airport. Taxi costs are as detailed above.

*Other airports can be serviced by taxi if necessary (travel and check-in times available on request).

All transport providers used by the College use vehicles operated and maintained under current legislation, and all drivers are qualified and DBS cleared.

Unaccompanied Minor Service 

The Unaccompanied Minor (U/M) service is a particular arrangement made with the airline and parents/guardians prior to travel for the supervision of a young person during his/her flight and up to collection.

If we are informed in advance of school holidays that a pupil requires school transport and will be travelling abroad as an unaccompanied minor then we will organise a taxi to take them to the airport and the taxi driver will then deliver them to the airline desk, hand over the child, and wait at the airport until the flight takes off. (Please note that there is a waiting charge for drivers when dropping off unaccompanied minors to the airport, depending on how long they have to wait with the child; taxis will be organised at an appropriate time to minimise the extra cost where possible but the waiting fee is currently £15.00 per hour, over and above the usual cost of travel).

The school will inform parents/guardians of the name and contact telephone number of the driver delivering/ collecting the student as soon as this information is available so that they may inform the airline in advance of their flight dates, as part of the U/M agreement.

-
-
Lancing College, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 0RW | Contact | Terms