Website Menucontent
Close Menucontent

Third Form - International

As a well-regarded boarding school, Lancing College has a strong tradition of welcoming pupils with parents living all over the world. We have a solid boarding ethos and our pupils often comment on the diverse nature of the school and how this equips them in becoming confident, well-rounded global citizens.

We welcome international pupils mainly in the Third Form. However, if places are available, entry can also take place in the Fourth Form.

Lancing College provides a safe and caring environment where pupils are given the necessary support to excel in their academic studies, and at the same time, benefit from a wealth of co-curricular activities and over 550 acres of English countryside.

"The boarding life helped me build self-discipline during my GCSE years and I'm truly grateful to all support rendered by tutors and colleagues which is the most valuable time I've had."
Genie W, Fifth Former 2016 (Hong Kong)

"Lancing has prepared me well academically. It has been good to be surrounded by motivated people, not just staff but students too."
Upper Sixth Former 2016 (Russia)

Applying for a place at Lancing College to study in the UK is a relatively straightforward process. The College Admissions team is experienced in guiding international parents and prospective pupils through our entry requirements, from first enquiry and visit to your son’s or daughter’s arrival for their first term.

Admissions to Lancing College are by examination and informal interview in person with the Registrar (or via Skype) and is subject to a satisfactory report and reference from your child’s current school.

International students who are currently studying at a UK prep school will generally follow the ISEB Common Entrance (minimum of 55% on Level 2 papers) or Common Academic Scholarship Examination route.

Excellent Academic Results

The academic team at the College works with every pupil to understand his or her interests and capabilities to ensure every child maximises their potential. You can view the College’s 2016 GCSE results HERE.

Applying for a place 

The first step is to complete and return the Registration Form together with the relevant registration fee (£190). We also require a current reference or report from the candidate’s school, and all candidates will be interviewed by the Registrar (this can be by Skype), prior to a place being offered.

At this point, we strongly encourage parents to seek information regarding the requirements for their son or daughter to study in the UK. 

The UK Government publishes some helpful advice:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/applying-for-a-uk-tier-4-student-visa

If you agree with any of the following, you will need to comply with the UK Government’s requirements for your child to study in the UK:

• You live outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and your child has been studying where you reside
  • You live outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and your child has been studying within the UK (in this instance you will need to renew your Tier 4 (Child) student visa with Lancing College as the new school).

Download International Registration Form (PDF)

Registration payments can be made via Bank Transfer:

Barclays Bank, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HP

Payee Name: Lancing College
Sort Code: 20 - 65 - 82
Account No: 60797049
IBAN No: GB31BARC20658260797049
SWIFT Code: BARC GB 22

Note: Please use the pupil's name as a reference, to enable us to reconcile your payment with the relevant application form.

• Visiting Lancing College

We recommend that parents visit the College for a personal tour and meet the Head Master and Registrar. During these visits you can meet some of our international pupils, tour the school and also visit boarding houses.

• Meeting OLs around the world

There are lots of former pupils (OLs) and parents around the world, many of whom would be delighted to share their experiences of Lancing College.  We would be pleased to put you in contact with someone you could talk to and meet.

• Competence in English

We recognise that for many of our international pupils English is not their first language, and although some English as a Foreign Language classes are available, candidates need to have a good command of the English language for their year of entry.

• Entry requirements for Lancing College

If your son or daughter has not been in a UK prep school, they will need to be academically assessed as part of the application process, and will be required to sit a computerised Cognitive Ability Test on a visit to the College.

Alternatively, candidates can also sit UKiset tests. More information about these tests can be found here: www.ukiset.com

Offers of a place to successful candidates are generally made in December.

When the successful candidate is offered a place at Lancing College, the payment of an Entrance Deposit of one term’s fees is required. This deposit is refunded when the pupil leaves the College.

On confirmation of an offer in December, parents are then able to apply in April of the following year for a Tier 4 (Child) student visa. The College will work with you to support you during this process.  However, we cannot take responsibility for completing your application correctly, or on time.

Entry requirements to study in the UK – Pupils from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland

All pupils are required to have a Tier 4 (Child) student visa. To apply for this parents must have:

- a confirmed offer of a place for your child from Lancing College
       - be able to prove that you have enough money to cover course fees and monthly living costs (also known as maintenance or funds)
       - a named person over 25 years who will act as legal guardian for your son or daughter
       - an up to date TB certificate (please note: this can only be taken at a Home Office approved TB testing clinic).

• Travelling to and from the College

We are experienced in supporting pupils as they travel to and from the College which is well located for both Gatwick (40 minutes/45km) and Heathrow airports (75minutes/108km), and runs a regular shuttle service to the airports at the beginning and end of term and, as necessary, at half term.

• Boarding and weekends

Boarding is a way of life at Lancing College, and the House Masters and Mistresses are a focal point of support and communication for parents and pupils. Click to watch our Boarding Film.

60 per cent of pupils at Lancing are boarders which means the school is busy at weekends. 

Pupils have timetabled activities on Saturday morning and sports fixtures in the afternoon. On Sunday, the pace is more relaxed, and pupils are encouraged to take part in a range of House or College activities.

• Guardians

Every pupil requires a responsible adult over the age of 25 in the UK who will act as legal guardian. This person is a point of local contact for the school and will also care for your son or daughter on exeat weekends when the school is closed from 4.00pm Friday to 6.00pm Sunday. There are five exeat weekends every year spread across the three terms.

-
-
Lancing College, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 0RW | Contact | Terms