Following a strong performance in A Level results last week, pupils at Lancing College can celebrate a successful achievement in their GCSEs with 82% of exams taken scoring A* to B. Other highlights include:
- 59% of GCSEs taken scored A* to A
- 66% of pupils scored A* or A in Maths
- The average grade across all GCSEs taken was A
- Across Art and Music, A*or A grades were achieved by over 70% of pupils who took them
- In the sciences, A*or A grades were achieved by over 83% of pupils who took them
- Nine pupils achieved a clean sweep of A* and As across all the subjects they took with four gaining an A* in 10 or more subjects
- Fourteen pupils achieved eight A*s or more.
Commenting on the results Dominic Oliver, Head Master, said: “Our pupils this year have performed exceptionally well, improving on results from 2014 and 2015; they should feel proud of the results that they have achieved. As a school we work hard to offer a broad range of subjects and it is especially pleasing to see that our pupils have performed equally well across maths, sciences and also the arts. We saw from this year’s A Level results that this high achievement continues into the Sixth Form. The GCSE programme at Lancing aims to bring together exceptional teaching and learning, whilst at the same time providing opportunities for our pupils to explore and develop through co-curricular activities.
Our role at Lancing is to ensure academic excellence and to provide the best environment for our pupils to flourish. Pupils, parents and staff alike have a great deal to celebrate today."